You’ve come to the right place for exposure, support and collaboration with Australian creatives who share your passion for original design and artisanal handmade goods.
This directory was created exclusively for Australian makers who design and make their own products, or have them made within Australia.
If that’s you, read on…
“That’s me, gimme the deets!”
When you join our online directory of Australia’s best handmade artists, you receive a dedicated showcase page to promote your business to our thriving community of handmade buyers.
Your Showcase Page Includes…
- A profile photo to display your logo or headshot
- A cover photo to display a behind-the-scenes look at your workshop, a seasonal promotion, a collage of images… Whatever you like!
- Up to 10 gallery images to feature your handmade products
- Social media links to grow your following and connect with more fans
- A link to your website or online shop
- An About section for customers to get to know you and your handmade story
- A stockist list to let customers know where they can try and buy your products in person
- An upcoming market list for buyers to track you down when you’re out and about
But your directory listing is just the beginning…
When you join The Make It Collective Directory, you’re joining a community of Makers who receive the following benefits to grow their businesses through support, education and exclusive promotional opportunities, including…
- Access to a private Makers Facebook Group to mingle with other Australian makers, retailers and creatives and have all your questions answered in a supportive, non-competitive online environment.
- Half-price meetups throughout the year held at The Make It Collective studio in Northcote.
- Opportunities to teach and participate in creative workshops held at The Make It Collective studio on Northcote.
- Priority applications to hire retail space in our Northcote shop and popup space throughout the year.
- Pre-release applications for market stalls held across Melbourne throughout the year.
- An opportunity to be featured in our monthly Meet the Maker Q&A series, which gives Buyers a behind-the-scenes look at your brand, creative skills, workshops space and handmade products.
- 3 x free days of co-working per month at our Northcote co-working space for creatives.
- Free use of the photography lightbox in our Northcote studio during scheduled co-working visits.
- Exclusive discounts on the Creative Services listed in the Directory, including photographers, copywriters, web designers, graphic designers and more.
- Discounts on business coaching calls with The Make It Collective Director, Kelli Vizzari
- … Plus so much more added every year!
“Whoa, that’s a helluva lot of value… What’s it cost?!”
There are no recurring annual costs. For a one-off fee of just $76 inc. GST you receive a brand new showcase listing in the Directory, along with the string of benefits above, PLUS access to our hub of educational resources created by some of Australia’s finest Makers, Marketers & Creative Business Coaches.
Get Access to Our Collaboration & Resources Hub
When you sign up for a directory listing for a one-time investment of $76, you receive lifetime access to our Makers Collaboration & Resources Hub. This hub of handmade business resources includes tools, tips, templates, checklists and other handy assets to help you grow your business to twice the size in half the time it would take you to do it alone!
Hear from happy members…
“The Make It Collective Directory is an asset to our business, Quirkie Su. Potential customers are able to keep track of our upcoming markets and shops that stock our items, as well as direct access to our online shop. We also get a mention in the blogs and are frequently featured across The Make It Collective social media.”
— Amanda & Rory, Quirkie Su
"Being part of the directory has helped build our brand’s presence online. We’ve had several customers now discover us through the directory and The Make It Collective social posts, and this added exposure has directly translated to sales. We also love that it’s an Australian-only directory."
— Lhasa & Yomi, Snafu Design
"I love being able to update my market appearances on my showcase page and change the images to reflect my current stock. It's also great to be part of a fantastic group of motivated creatives who I can always count on for advice and support."
— Jayde, alittlecoy
You have unlimited access to your showcase page and can make edits at any time. We recommend adding your market dates to allow customers to try and buy your products when you’re out and about. Setting up your page is easy. Once you join the directory, you will receive a notification with your login details, which can be reset at any time should you forget your password.